Saturday, April 19, 2008

My boring update.

So, I'm going to MN a few weeks later than I had planned. I leave May 2nd now. Here's the deal: I could have a much better paying job tomorrow if I wanted, I'm pretty sure of that. At this point in my life, and at this point in the course of our country, it seems as though we're on a collision course.

Making healthcare an affordable and attainable thing for everyone seems like a pretty good cause to devote a year of one's life to. On top of making sure every child has access to a world class education, keeping good jobs here in the USA, blah blah blah.....

I talk to middle class folk every day, and I love it. I work for a non-partisan public lobbying group. That means we don't deal in party specific B.S., we work on issues.

Issues are what people too often forget in the election process. I love it when I walk up to a person with a Ron Paul or John McCain sign in their yard. I'm not trying to convince them to change candidates, all I'm doing is bringing important issues that affect their lives to the forefront. Putting it in their minds. Hopefully in a few months, when they go to vote, they'll keep these facts in their minds.

Bah, I could go on, but I'm a little tired.

1 comment:

Inky Neverwhere said...

"Making healthcare an affordable and attainable thing for everyone seems like a pretty good cause to devote a year of one's life to."

Indeed it does, Tommy. That's really cool.