Saturday, January 3, 2009

The obligatory year end/new year post.





I suppose if I truly am making an effort to post here on a regular basis, I'm supposed to do one of these. There's no system in place, so here's some stream of consciousness.

2008- Some good damn times were had.

Improv- Whether shows I saw or was involved in, my biggest regret in the realm of improv, (possibly the whole year) was that I couldn't do more. But the main reason I couldn't was another part of what made the year so great:

Election 2008- OK, so Obama didn't win MO. He won the presidency. I like to also build my own self esteem up by reminding myself that I did work for a whole month in Minnesota, which he did win, and 4 days in Ohio, which he also won. Here in MO, I also worked on getting Jay Nixon in too, so all in all, not that bad a year. The results on election night mattered more to me than they ever have, and I can't decide if it's due to the historic nature of it (not just "yay, a black man was elected"[though some of that, sure], but more "yay, at least 4 years without a complete douche in office") or just the blood sweat and tears given to the campaign. Either way, a great year, with lots to look forward to.

Job stuffs- The end of the year let me down a little bit in terms of what I was expecting to be starting vs. what happened (or didn't[yet]), but I know that 2009 holds much promise for me. The job itself was fantastic, though. I worked with great people with whom I will probably remain friends for life. The people I worked with were the most diverse group I had ever been around, and for that I am also much the wiser. I did end up losing some weight from all the walking and talking, but then immediately put it back on over the holidays. So it goes.

That's all I care to reminice about, now to 2009-

-I'm going to attempt to live mildly healthier on a day to day basis. Not sure yet what all it might entail, but I've got a few ideas. Ideas that will not be posted here because until I decide and commit, I don't want y'all holding me accountable for ideas. You can, however, post some suggestions below.

-I would like to see more of the country (USA, not Green Acres). Odds are decent that this could be accomplished through a new job, but if not, I'm definitely going to look more into at least visiting places where I've never been, probably crashing the occasional couch.

-I would like to see more of another country. I've only been 4-5 miles into Canada, and relatively close to Mexico. This can not stand. This will not stand. Look out world, I'm curious and moderately resourceful.

-I need to keep in contact with people better, on a number of different levels. Not just the ghosts of Tommy's past, but also current confidants. Don't be surprised to receive the occassional summons for a meal or a drink. For this, you can hold me accountable.

Alright, well, that's my year end/new year Thingy McBlogpost. The only thing I left off, because I thought it had been implied over the last few weeks, was that I'm going to update this more often.

Good luck to you all in the new year.

2 comments:

Jared Brustad said...

Summon me anytime, Mr. Todd. Let's do lunch. The Taj Mahal lunch buffet is hard to beat.

Cindy said...

Thanks for your comment! I was hoping to get a discussion started -- not to offend anyone. Criticism is an important part of the process of making us better improvisers, I think. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as I'm sure we will meet up again soon. Thanks for the insight on the guys from Kill the DJ. As a newcomer, I only know what I read on the internet and what I see at shows. Take care.