Friday, December 19, 2008

This always gives me the heeby jeebies


Tiny foot, other body parts removed from tumor in newborn's brain.

I've read stories like this before, and it always reminds me of the Stephen King novel "The Dark Half". It was made into a crappy movie over a decade ago, but it's basically about a kid having the same surgery and growing up to be an author, whose bestselling books have an evil character that the author is killing off when....well, you'll have to read it or see the movie, because it's seriously been more than a decade since I've done either myself.

In other news, pixie haircuts are back. File that under "who cares?".

2 comments:

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

That's just creepy.

Channing said...

Whoa! I've heard about these stories, too, but I've never seen an adult-sized hand attached to a baby's head by the thumb. It seems like that would have been easy to cut off before it got so big.