Thursday, March 6, 2008

Web log post #2

Ok, so I have a few ideas about what people want. I'll start with a few of those, and otherwise just fly by the seat of my pants.

I bought groceries today, for the first time in a long time. Your first thought is probably "good for him, he's a mooch." Well, friend, you'd be wrong. The reason it's been so long is that I realized my eating habits have been horrible and dangerous for far too long.

I'll explain.

I've been working from 1:30 until 10:00 for the last 4 months or so. I'll get more into what my job actually is (saving the world) in a later post. So, working these hours, I have fallen into a habit of skipping breakfast, eating fast food for lunch at 3:00, then grabbing fast food for dinner at 10:30, just for convenience's sake. It's horrible. I'm not gaining weight, but I walk for at least 5 hours straight every night, so I'm also not losing the weight I probably could/should be. I'm staying the same, and am probably malnourished. So tonight, after work, I bought some salad fixin's, apples, OJ, chicken strips, thin sliced chicken deli meat and bread.

Hopefully, when it's gone, I'll have the motivation to go back and do it again. With as much exercise as I regularly get now, I might soon be the incredible shrinking man. Look out, Berrong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK. This gives me an idea for a dual blog. The Poke diet and fitness blog.